Aloo Badiyan Rasedaar
- 500 gm aloo (potatoes) - peeled, boiled
- 5-6 badiyan
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup yogurt-beaten smooth
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves
- Break the potatoes, by holding them in your palm and closing your fists.
- Heat oil and add the badis in very briefly-just put them in, quickly turn them over and remove from oil, keep aside. They should barely get darkened.
- In the same oil, add cumin, when it splutters, add the potatoes and fry over high flame but just slightly. Add salt, turmeric and badis.
- Stir-fry till mixed well. Add enough water to cover the potatoes and badis, bring to a boil and simmer, till the badis get soft, but hold their shape.
- Add the yogurt and mix well and serve the aloo badi curry immediately garnished with coriander leaves.